If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Friday, June 1, 2012

Good news for me

I usually don’t write blogs about work or discuss what is going on with my job, but I did want to share that I recently received a promotion! The scope of my role is being expanded and my responsibilities will be elevated. We’ve had some changes within our HR department recently and it opened up additional opportunities. In the past, I’ve been in a generalist role and supported many different areas within Human Resources. I will now be taking on a more specialized role focusing on Benefits (Plan Design, Financials, Communications, Vendor Management, etc.), Wellness and HRIS/Technology. It will definitely be challenging and will provide me with greater development opportunities. I was a little surprised at the timing since I will be going on maternity leave in less than 2 months.

Prior to receiving the promotion, my boss sat down with me and wanted to make sure this is something I want (if I was interested in elevating my role or if I was comfortable staying where I am). She understands that my personal life is going to be more challenging with baby #2 and expanding my position at work will mean more responsibilities, more time, and probably more stress. My bosses have confidence in me that I can handle it. I talked to Rob about it and we both agreed this is something I should do. I don’t exactly know how different it will be going from one kid to 2, but we’ll do the best we can. I definitely don’t want to put my career on the back burner because I’ve worked pretty hard over the past couple of years to get here.

I am not going to lie, it is a struggle being a full time working mom. At times I feel guilty that I am not with my daughter all of the time and have thoughts that the grass is greener on the other side. It can be stressful juggling everything. I will just need to manage my priorities and figure out the things that are most important to me. Balance will be key. Of course my family will ALWAYS come first, but I have to remember why I work. I work to help provide for my family. I want to make sure my kids go to college and have a great future. I work for ‘me’ and to challenge myself. I love what I do and the people I work with.

So with Mason (soon) joining our family and me taking on an expanded role at work, life will continue to be busy! I plan to enjoy my maternity leave to the fullest and try to be the best mom I can be. I am excited for the future!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the promotion! We will need to celebrate at girls' dinner!!!! So happy for you!!! Love hearing good news!!!

    ReplyDelete