If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Super Saturday

We have been on the go all day! This is my first opportunity to sit down and relax! We got up this morning and had to go drop off my car. My brakes have needed to be replaced for a few weeks now, so we finally made the appointment and dropped of my Jeep at Pep Boys. Afterwards we ran a few errands before hurrying home so we could get ready for the day. We had plans to meet my brother and his family, along with my Dad for an early Father's Day lunch. Before we left, we had to take my weekly 'prego' picture. I am 33 weeks along - getting close to the end!
We picked my Dad up and met my brother at Miller's Ale House in Lombard. Lunch was interesting with two 2 year olds and a newborn! Never a dull moment. Leah and Annabelle LOVE to see each other. They did sit good at the table for quite awhile, but after they ate, they felt the need to get up and run around together. It can be exhausting chasing after her! I caught this quick video of the girls dancing together. I can't wait until they are old enough to have sleep-overs!
After lunch we had to hurry home because we had a cleaning service scheduled to come to our house at 2:00 pm. We decided that we wanted to bring someone in to do a deep cleaning and then potentially have someone come in every other week to clean. It would be such a big help since our lives are about to get even more busy. I asked around for a few referrals, but Rob ended up calling a company he found online on Naperville Yard Sales. We were slightly annoyed because we rushed to be home by 2:00 pm and then they ended up being 30 minutes late. We were supposed to be at my niece's birthday party at 2:30 pm, so when they still weren't there by then, Rob just took me and Leah to the party and dropped us off.

Emma had her 7th birthday party at the Rec Center with all her little girlfriends. She had a 'Shake it Up' themed party. It was so cute, they had these 3 teenage girls that worked at the Park District teach all of the other girls a dance (to One Direction) and they got to perform it at the end of the party for the adults. It was super cute and fun for them! Leah was too little to participate, so my sister-in-law rented out the jungle play area for the little kids. Leah had a blast. She was hesitant at first, but eventually climbed and went down the big slide! There was a small jumpy area that she really enjoyed! We finished the party with pizza and cake! Leah definitely had a good time. Rob picked us up when it was over and Leah passed out as soon as we got in the car. She was tired....she had gone all day with no nap. We then had to go run to pick up my car since it was ready.

By the time we got home the boyfriend and girlfriend team were almost done cleaning our house. Overall, I'd say we were pretty disappointed with the services. I'd give them a C-. We had used a cleaning service two years ago and they did an AMAZING job and cleaned almost every inch and surface of our entire house and it was just immaculate (we didn't use them this time because we couldn't find their contact info - it was 2 little old polish ladies). The people that cleaned our house today didn't do a very thorough job, which I would have expected for a 'deep' clean. There were many areas that were missed and I just wasn't wowed. The floors still had some spots and weren't completely swept. Baseboards weren't cleaned and I didn't get that wiff of a freshly cleaned house. We decided that we will not be calling them for return service. Rob did start digging through his contacts in his cell phone and stumbled across the phone number for the 2 little old polish ladies. We are definitely going to give them a call and have them come back.

After some more running around, we are finally relaxing on the couch! I think we will all be going to bed early tonight! We have another busy day tomorrow for Daddy's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment