If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Busy Baby Boy

My little man seems to be working hard in mommy’s belly – getting ready for his big debut in 6 short weeks. He always seems to be on the move! Mason is WAY more active than Leah ever was when she was in my tummy. He constantly kicks, punches, turns and moves around, usually all throughout the day! He calms down at night time though – which I am hoping will reflect his sleep schedule when he is born. Leah was always an amazing sleeper – she started sleeping through the night (9-10 hours) at 3 weeks old and was consistent ever since. I am sure I was spoiled with her and I pray I am not in for a major wakeup call! Overall, Leah was a pretty laid back baby which made it very easy on me. I hope Mason is like his big sister!

Today I had my 32 week doctor appointment. I was supposed to have it yesterday, but the doctor I was scheduled to see went into labor herself! Today when Dr. W. was trying to listen to our baby boy’s heartbeat, she was laughing because he was moving around like a maniac. It was hard to get a good listen because all we could hear was his movement sounds. We finally did get to listen and his heartbeat was strong. I am measuring in at 33 weeks (a week ahead of schedule). I feel huge as a house and am completely swollen. It is hard to imagine that I will probably still get bigger! Ugh! My wedding ring and band are extremely tight on my finger and I have a hard time getting it off. I may have to stop wearing it soon. Boo. I may buy a different ring to wear in the interim because I don’t like not wearing my ring! I am definitely getting more tired and feel myself slowing down a little. It is hard when you have a 2 year old at home to chase after too!

I will now go to the doctor every 2 weeks (and then pretty soon go every week)! This pregnancy has definitely gone by quickly! I can’t believe he will be here soon! If all goes according to plan, he will be here in 45 days (with only 25 working days left when I include my vacation at the end of the month and the 4th of July holiday)! I feel like we are ready, even though we still have a few items to buy, a few things to setup and get his room together! Rob started taping the walls last night and hope to knock out the paint job this weekend! Once the room is done, I will feel better! Leah is ready to meet her little brother too! She kisses my belly every night and talks about him all of the time. She is going to be a great big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment