If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day! We had such a fun, relaxing weekend. Even though it was a four day weekend, it sure did seem to fly by! After all of the fun on Friday afternoon with the ponies and the water, we hit the mall. I have NO summer maternity clothes and needed to get something to hold me over for the the next couple of weeks, especially with this heat! I found a few things, but I feel huge in everything! On Saturday, we spent most of the day running errands, shopping and grabbing lunch. We were very productive! We finally went to Lowes and picked up the paint for Mason's room! We keep saying we need to get his room done, but now that we are down to 9 weeks before he is due to arrive - we figured we better get moving (although I am sure he'll be in our room for the first couple of weeks after he is born). Rob will need to take down the border in Leah's old room and put on a few coats of fresh paint. We have the bedding and bought almost all of the accessories for his room. We are doing a sports theme. More pictures to come once his room is all done (so don't mind the pink walls for now)!
Sunday was another busy day! It was going to be a hot one, so we started the morning off by taking Leah to the pool at Lifetime. It just opened this weekend. We got there right when it opened so we were able to get a spot! I didn't get in the water because I am pretty self-conscious in my big prego body, but after sitting in the hot hot sun, I may need to just suck it up and buy myself a maternity bathing suit. It is going to be a long 9 weeks this summer. Leah had a blast - she loves the water. By the time we left the pool, it was completely packed! We were hoping the water and sun would wipe her out so she would take a good nap when we got home. Not the case....
After the pool, we came home and got ready for Gavyn's 2nd birthday party! I can't believe he is two already! He had a Thomas the Train party and my sister-in-law definitely followed through on the theme. Everything was perfect! Of course, I forgot my camera at home so I didn't get any pictures (besides the ones I took on my iPhone). They had a bounce house and Leah actually took a liking to it! She spent a good amount of time playing in there with all of the kids. I am glad she is finally over her fear. By the end of the day, she didn't want to come out. There was also a pinata, so Leah had her first chance at giving one a whack. It took a few turns by the adults to finally get it open! She loved singing happy birthday to her little cousin and enjoyed eating the cake (that was SO cute). Happy Birthday Gavyn! We hope you had a great day!
To finish out the weekend, we had my brother, sister-in-law, nieces, my dad, my aunt and cousin come over today. We had plans to get together early today. Leah has been talking about seeing Annabelle for the past couple of days. They play so nice together! I can't wait until they are older and can have sleepovers! I was also really looking forward to seeing my niece Alyssa too. She is 2 months old and I have not seen her nearly enough since she was born! My dad brought over some candy and bubbles for the girls (which they loved) so we spent some time out in the backyard. My dad also brought over some ribs and I picked up a few salads for lunch. My brother's birthday is next weekend, so we also enjoyed some cupcakes for dessert after singing Happy Birthday to him! Overall, it was a fun weekend!! Happy Memorial Day!!
Sweet little Alyssa Lynn!
Papa and his girls!
Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment