If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, March 25, 2012

What a productive weekend!

Since my little niece Alyssa Lynn was born on Tuesday, I have been dying to meet her! So on Saturday morning Leah and I headed downtown to my brother's to meet this sweet little girl. We got an early start and were at their place around 10:30 am. I just wanted to stop in for a little bit so we could see her. I know how crazy it can be with a brand new baby at home. I totally forgot how "little" newborns are when they are only a few days old! Obviously I know they are small, but it slipped my mind just how tiny they are! She was a perfect little angel and slept our entire visit. Leah and Annabelle had a great time playing together and running around the house. Annabelle is a great big sister already! We stayed for an hour and headed home. Next time, we'll plan to spend more time together.
Alyssa Lynn Zettek
Silly Annabelle
The girl's playing together so nice

Leah slept the whole car ride home so I knew there was a slim chance that she would actually lay down for a real nap when we got home. We had a bunch of errands to run, so we picked up Rob and headed back out. I needed a ton of stuff from Target so that was our first stop. We picked up some crates and organizers so I could finally pack away all of Leah's winter stuff and try to bring some organization to the play room. We put away a ton of the toys Leah no longer plays with. I got sad folding up and packing up all of Leah's clothes. My little girl is getting so big! I brought the crate to the basement, where it joined the 8 other crates full of all of her girly clothes. After Target, Rob needed to run to Lowes and  I decided to stop into Carters. I picked up our little man some sleepers and clothes and got Leah some new summer jammies. We went to Toys R Us too to pick up some things for Leah's Easter basket. We also went to Babies R Us and found the bedding we want to get our little baby boy. Finally, we stopped at Cribs to College to look for furniture for Leah's room. We are not going to buy another crib, so we are going to move Leah into our extra bedroom and the baby will go in her room. We found the furniture we wanted, but I remembered I had a coupon at home for free delivery so we decided to wait. After all of this running around, we worked up an appetite and went to grab dinner. Lately, Leah has been hit or miss (with her behavior at restaurants). Luckily it was on a good day and she was really well behaved. We headed home and relaxed the rest of the evening.

This morning I was up early and started cleaning the play room. How did we end up with so many toys!? I packed away a bunch of toys, but there were still so many left! We cleaned up around the house and finally got moving around 11:00 am. We went back to Cribs to College and bought Leah's big girl bedroom set. We got a new headboard, footboard, dresser, mirror and night stand. It will take 2-4 weeks for it to be delivered. In the meantime, we will need to find a new comforter and paint her room before it is delivered. We are going to try and sell the current bedroom set that is in the extra bedroom on craiglist. I was just relieved to have another thing checked off our long "to-do" list. We ran a few more errands and headed home. It was such a gorgeous day. We grilled out for lunch and then took a long family walk. The weekends always fly by way too fast, but I did feel like we got a lot done! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment