If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's a Boy (and a Girl)!!

Today we had my 20 week ultrasound with the hopes of learning the gender of baby bean! My appointment was in the afternoon so I took a half day at work. Rob also took the day off so he could be there too. My aunt watched Leah so we didn't have to take her with us. I was nervous and excited for the appointent. I was so eager to learn what we were having. I had several girl dreams over the past few weeks, but then last night I had two back-to-back dreams that Baby Held was a boy. Dr. G. started the ultrasound and began examining everything about our little baby. He soon after announced that it was a BOY! Rob said he could "see" that it was a boy before the doctor gave confirmation. We were so happy (but we knew we would be happy with either)! He continued to check everything out and all looked good! I am measuring right on track. We scheduled the c-section for July 30th. So unless he decides to come  early, this will be his birthday!
After the appointment we went and picked up Leah. We told her the exciting news and she kept shouting "Little Brother, Little Brother - yeah, yeah, yeah." We decided to head over to Buy Buy Baby to do some shopping! We are going to need to stock up on BOY stuff, because right now it is girl city over here! We wanted to go look around. We are going to need to buy a lot - everything from new bedding to clothes to basics like bottles and bibs! We did end buying a double stroller today so that is one thing checked off our list! We also purchased our little man his first article of clothing - a "Little Brother" t-shirt.
After shopping, we went out for a celebratory dinner! We did this after we found out Leah was a girl. We went to Kona Grill (one of my favs). It was beautiful outside so we were able to sit on the patio. It was still early that we were able to catch their happy hour specials. Leah enjoyed her dinner and even managed to eat a California Roll using her chopsticks. She is one smart cookie!
In other EXCITING baby news, my brother and sister-in-law welcomed a new addition to their family yesterday! My new beautiful niece "Alyssa Lynn Zettek" was born on March 20th at 12:59 pm! She weighed in at 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches long. I am so anxious and excited to meet her! I hope to see her this weekend! Mom, Dad, Annabelle and Baby are all doing great! Here is a picture of this beautiful little girl! Welcome to the world Alyssa!!
I wish I would have thought of a more exciting way to announce our baby boy news (with everything that is out there on pinterest) but it just didn't happen! My Blog and FaceBook will have to due!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again on the baby BOY news and congrats on becoming an Aunt again to baby Alyssa! She's beautiful! What a GREAT day!!!!

    ReplyDelete