If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

28 Week Doctor’s Appointment

Today I had my 28 Week Doctor’s Appointment – time sure is moving fast! With my scheduled c-section, we have about 10 ½ weeks to go (unless baby Mason decides to come early)! At this appointment I needed to have another ultrasound. During my 20 week ultrasound the doctor noticed that the placement of my placenta was rather low, which could be ‘placenta previa.’ He said we would need to re-check it at 28 weeks to make sure it moved to where it was supposed to be. He said that in 95% of cases, it does exactly that – move to where it is supposed to be and not to worry. He told me not to go ‘googling’ placenta previa because I would just make myself upset. Luckily, things went as planned and it moved. It did give me the opportunity to get another sneak peek at my sweet little man!

The doctor I saw today is newer to the practice, so it was my first time meeting her. She did the ultrasound and if I didn't ask, I don't think I would have even gotten a glimpse at my baby boy (because the screen was facing her the whole time). She eventually turned it towards me so I could see (after I asked to see him). She did confirm that he is still a "he." She didn't give me any pictures to take home. Boo. I was hoping to have an updated picture to post. (The one below is from the 20 week ultrasound). I am measuring right on track.
During this appointment, I also had to do the gestational diabetes test where they make you drink that horrible bottle of orange sugary glucola. I then had to sit there and wait an hour before I could go and have my blood drawn. Luckily, I just start reading book 2 of the “Shades of Grey” trilogy, so my time went fairly quickly. If I have any issues with the test, they will contact me in the next 48 hours.

On Sunday, we are going for another ultrasound – but this one is purely just for fun! We are doing one of those 3D/4D ultrasounds. Part of me thinks they are creepy, but the other part of me is anxious to see what this baby boy looks like! We didn’t do one with Leah, but when we came across a Groupon for a great deal – we decided to give it a try! We figured we would bring Leah with us because it might help make it more real for her. She knows there is a baby in my belly and she talks about him all of the time, but I think it will be good for her to ‘see’ him. She was so funny – the other day she ran up to my belly and gave it a big kiss and said, “Mason, I love you so much. I am SO proud of you.” I asked her why she was proud of him and she said, “Because he is such a good boy.” I think what we tell her rubs off on her! We’ll be sure to share pictures when we get them on Sunday (since I didn't get any from today)!

No comments:

Post a Comment