If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, May 20, 2012

3D/4D Ultrasound was a.....bust

We had our 3D/4D ultrasound scheduled for early this afternoon. I was really excited for it. We invited my dad to come along too. He still has not been feeling well, but we thought he would enjoy getting out of the house for a little while to get a glimpse of his first grandson. We picked him up and headed out to Stork Snapshots near Yorktown Mall.  I am not sure what my expectations were for this appointment, but I thought we would get a good look at our little man and see his face and body. I guess he had other plans. Almost the entire time, he had his little hands and his feet covering his face. His legs were wrapped up towards his head, with his feet near his forehead. He is a flexible little guy. He was a wild man too and was constantly moving - he never stayed still. The ultrasound tech tried everything to get some good pictures of him. I would roll towards her and then roll the other way, but still no luck. She tried for a good 25 minutes to get some good pictures. We got 4 photos to take home and the remaining images on a CD. We also got a DVD with the live images. I'll have to wait to post the pictures that we did get until tomorrow when I get to work. Neither my laptop or Rob's has a CD/DVD drive. I took the picture below with my cell phone (of the actual picture). It's a little blury (and hard to make out) but you can see his hands by his head and make out his eyes, nose and mouth. His leg is on the right side of his head.
After the appointment, we went out to lunch and then took my dad home. Even though we had a Groupon for the ultrasound appointment, I am not sure it was worth the $60 we spent. I guess we'll have to wait until he is born to see what he really looks like! We spent the rest of the afternoon running around and then we came home and spent some time outside!

In other fun plans this weekend, we had Teagan's 4th birthday party on Saturday! It was at one of those indoor bounce house places. Leah is scared of them, but warmed up a little and did up having a lot of fun. The kids played for awhile and then it was time for pizza and cupcakes! Towards the end, Leah had a little meltdown and I didn't think she was going to make it. Luckily, she bounced back and we were able to stick it out! Happy 4th Birthday Teagan! We hope you had a great day!


Back to work tomorrow! Why do the weekends go so fast?!

No comments:

Post a Comment