If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Friday, October 28, 2011

Don't touch my DVR

I came home from work yesterday and I was pooped. It was only Thursday, but felt like it should have been Friday. Does that ever happen to you? It just seemed like an extra-long week. After being home for about 10 minutes, I started dinner. We were going to have a pork roast and potatoes. While it was cooking in the oven, I unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned up a bit and then spent some time playing with Leah. When dinner was ready we all sat down to eat together.  After dinner, Leah and I played together a bit more and before we knew it, it was time for a bath and the bedtime routine began. Eight o’clock came quick and Leah was ready for bed.

After I put her down, I couldn’t wait to get into my own bed, relax and catch up on some of my shows. Hmm – what was I going to watch? The Sing Off, The X Factor, Keeping up with Kardashian’s, Desperate Housewives or one of my other guilty pleasures that I hadn’t had the opportunity to watch yet? I had so much on the DVR, my options seemed endless (or so I thought). I put on my pj’s, washed my face and curled up in my bed under the covers. I turned on the TV and hit the DVR button. Ummm….that’s weird. My shows aren’t here. I scrolled to the next page…..no shows. Scrolled to the next page……NO SHOWS! There were plenty of shows recorded on the DVR, but NONE of them were mine. Ice Road Truckers, Hillbilly Handfishin, Tech Toys 360, Pawn Stars, Operation Repo and many more the same flooded our DVR. None of my shows were there and I know exactly what happened to them.
My wonderful husband has a habit of cleaning out our DVR. He hates when it gets too "full." It is convenient that he only deletes my shows and all of his stay intact. Moments later I yelled to him downstairs and told him to come up. When I asked him why he deleted all of my shows, his response to me was "I thought you watched them already." Hello........when do I ever have time to watch TV? It had been such a long week and all I wanted to do was kick back and watch a little TV. Ugh! Luckily, we switched back to Comcast a few weeks ago. Most of the shows I wanted to watch were On Demand so my night wasn't completely ruined. But - I was still a little ticked at the principle - you don't delete your wife's shows! By the way, Tech Toys 360, really??

No comments:

Post a Comment