If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, October 23, 2011

2nd Annual Kid's Halloween Party

Yesterday was a perfect day for our 2nd Annual Kid's Halloween Party. It was sunny and almost 70 degrees outside. (I was nervous since just a few days prior, it was in the 50's and raining). For last years party, I didn't really do too much so I thought this year, we would go all out! The house was fully decorated, bounce house was delivered, catering was ordered and all of the kids received a goodie bag full of Halloween treats. I tried to have more activities for the kids this year too. We had a coloring station in the living room that was full of balloons (kids seem to LOVE balloons that are filled with hellium), a craft table in the dining room and lots of toys outside. My Dad was so sweet and brought over 30 pumpkins for all of the kids and we setup a pumpkin patch in the front yard. Everyone got to take one home.

We had a pretty good turnout too! We had about 20+ kids and 20+ adults and only a few cancellations. There were lots of "little" babies this year too. I was able to meet Matthew, Mallory (the twins) and baby Stella for the first time! Little Avery and Drake were among the other little babies at the party too. It was so cute to see all of the kids in their costumes, we had everything from Princesses to Dracula's. There was tons of food. I had ordered mostacolli, salad, garlic bread and cupcakes and then made a few other dishes. Many of my friends also brought some treats too. Since the weather was so beautiful, we were able to spend most of the day outside. The kids seemed to like the bounce house (with the exception of my own - Leah wanted no part of that thing). Leah didn't want to wear her costume either. She was screaming the whole time I was getting it on her. She kept telling me she didn't want to be Minnie Mouse. She refused to wear the headband with the ears. By the end of the day, her costume was so dirty. Looks like we'll need to head to Target to get her a new costume for actual Halloween.

I'm pretty annoyed, I ended up having issues with my camera and lost almost half of the pictures I took. My camera had run out of space on the disk so Rob transferred them during the party and then when I went to go post them this morning, tons of them were missing. I had pictures of almost all of the kids, pictures of the pumpkin patch and so much more. I am bummed. Overall though, I thought we had a great turnout for the Halloween Party and can't wait to do it again next year. Happy Halloween!
Leah picked her pumpkin from the pumpkin patch
Car seat party - from left to right, Drake, Matthew, Mallory and Avery (missing Stella!)
Leah and Daddy
Sara and Julia
Jen and one of her little men
 The Dygdon Family
Oh - there's baby Stella
Papa and a crabby Leah
Leah did not like the bounce house
If Leah won't wear her ears, maybe Sushi will
My sweet niece Annabelle

1 comment:

  1. It was a great party Lori! Thanks for all your planning! The boys had a blast and it was so nice to catch up with everyone.

    ReplyDelete