If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just me and my little Lee

This afternoon and evening was all about me and my little lady. Rob's friend John had (front row) tickets to the Black Hawks game tonight so Rob is out enjoying a night at the United Center. He left the house around 4:00 pm so we Leah and I have had lots of time to ourselves! We did all sorts of running around earlier in the afternoon with our first stop at Carters. They had all of their snow suits on sale and I wanted to get one for Leah this winter. I know it is early to be thinking about cold weather (considering today was almost 85 degrees), but I know it will be here before we know it. We went grocery shopping and stopped at a few other stores. I wanted to take care of all the errands today so we have the full day tomorrow to do something fun. We are thinking the zoo!

We came home and played around for awhile. Around 5:00 we left the house to stop at the cemetary and pay my mom a visit. At the beginning of October the cemetary did their fall clean up removing all of the flowers and plants from all of the headstones. It looked really bare now. On the ride there, I always tell Leah how much we miss Grandma and that we are going to the cemetary to go check on her.  When we walked up to my mom's grave, Leah just went and sat down on her marker. She said "Hi Gramma, how you doing? Miss you." It was sweet. We spent about 10 minutes there before saying good bye. On our way out, we saw a fox trotting around some of the headstones. Glad we didn't see it when we were out of the car!
We came home and had dinner. She got pretty crabby so we went and took a bath which helped her mood a bit. We put on our PJ's and played for a bit longer.
Now we are relaxing and watching back-to-back-to-back episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba. (We have about 20 episodes on our DVR). Leah LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba and goes crazy for it! She knows all of their names and dances throughout the whole show. Muno is her absolute favorite and she talks about him all of the time! We have the DVD that she watches in the car and all of the dang songs get stuck in my head! If you've ever watched this show you know what I mean! We have about 2 more episodes left and it is time for bed!!

2 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures of Leah. She's so cute!!! Hope you had a nice night just the two of you. Guess I won't run into you at Meijer tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you two had a really fun day together! That is so sweet that she sat on the ground and started talking to Grandma. Really cute story.

    ReplyDelete