If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, May 9, 2011

Cookies for Breakfast

What a great weekend to celebrate Mother’s Day. The weather was definitely better than expected. We kicked the weekend off with having Jeff, Sarah, my sweet niece Annabelle and my Dad over on Saturday for a late lunch. The girls (Leah and Annabelle) still don’t really “play” together yet. They tend to ignore each other. It’s strange because they are both in daycare and play with other kids all of the time. Leah would get jealous when Annabelle was playing with her toys, especially her cozy coupe car. They are only 6 weeks apart, so I know as they get older they will become the best of friends.

Sunday, was “my” day. Rob was responsible for taking care of Leah (changing all of the diapers, feeding her, chasing after her, etc). I’ve decided that Rob will no longer be in charge of feeding her. I came downstairs to see what he had given her for breakfast and it was not a pretty sight!


Daddy and Leah did a good job of taking care of me for Mother’s Day! I awoke to beautiful flowers, a cookie cake (which Leah was having for breakfast) and a gift certificate for a mani/pedi, which is very much needed (not sure if any of you have ever gotten a no chip manicure. I did and it destroyed my nails! I will never get one again).  Also, not your typical Mother’s Day gift, but Rob had my oil changed in my car. Of all of the things I dislike, getting my oil changed has to top the list. It is time consuming, you sit there and you spend money. I know it has to be done, but I could think of a lot more things of how I would rather spend my money! I always put it off until it is desperately needed. Luckily my husband knows exactly how much I hate going to get this done and did it for me. It made my day that I don’t have to go do it!

We didn’t have any plans for the day. It was so beautiful outside so we decided to hit the zoo (after we went to the cemetery to see my mom). We became members this year and can take advantage of going any time we want. It was a perfect day for the zoo – not too cold and not too hot. I felt like a bad mom though - I saw lots of parents lathering sunscreen on their children and it didn't even cross my mind to bring some with us! Sure enough, Leah has some color on her cheeks. We ran into Ashley (my good friend and coworker) and her family. Ashley’s sweet daughter Vaughan is 3 months older than Leah. We tried to get a picture of the girls together, but neither wanted any part of it. Maybe next time. After the zoo, we stopped at the mall to do some shopping and then grabbed an early Mother’s Day dinner. All in all, it was a wonderful Mother’s Day! As I mentioned before, it was bittersweet but I had a great time with my family!
Leah is my biggest blessing and I am privelaged that she calls me "Mommy." Being her mom is such a joy! I am thankful for everyone that is a part of her life. 
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment