If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Thursday, May 5, 2011

28 and Counting......

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Hopefully you got to enjoy some festivities today! At work we had a Tamale lunch with all of the mexican fixings - minus the margaritas! Several coworkers were going out for Cinco de Mayo Happy Hour, but I decided to take a pass since I've been a little under the weather. Plus, I have no voice!  I was just planning on coming home and putting on my pj's, but once I got home Rob and my Dad wanted to go grab something to eat. We ended up at Front Street Cantina for dinner and a few cervazas.


I hate to sound like an annoying gushing parent, but Leah continues to amaze us every single day. I know all parents children are their pride and joy, but I am in such awe of Leah and seriously get emotional when I think about how much I love her! Even on the worst of days, one smile from her can turn the whole day around. She is such a sweet, lovable little girl with a big personality. I love the age and stage she is in now. She is exploring everything and eager to do things on her own.

This week we took inventory of Leah’s vocabulary. We wrote down all of her words so I could put it in her “baby box.” (I have way too much stuff to just have a baby book that I had to create a large box for all of her milestone memorabilia). I always want to remember what she did and when she did it. After totaling up the list, we were at 28 words! She says everything from Sushi (our dog's name) to juice to balloon to poop. She always attempts to repeat a word we say to her. I love how many new words she picks up. Maybe I will be singing a different tune when she starts to use those words to talk back!  

The other day Leah was walking around the house singing. It was so stinking cute that I had to pull out the video camera. After I finished recording her, I went down memory lane and watched some of the older videos that were still on the camera. I got a little teary eyed seeing what a tiny peanut she used to be. She has gotten so big and isn’t my little baby anymore. Here is a quick clip that brought back some nostalgia. She was probably only 4 months old. This video makes me laugh because she is such a tiny girl with a big set of lungs! She was testing out her pipes.


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment