If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

We seemed to get in a lot of Fall festivities this year (between going to the pumpkin patch, to having our Halloween party, to carving pumpkins and other fun events). I am glad we were able to do so many Halloween activities! On actual Halloween, I was able to cut out of work a little early to get home to my babies! Rob was off for the day since daycare was closed, so he was home with them all day. I got home around 3:30 pm and Leah helped me get the candy ready for all of the kids. We put on her costume (and got Mase dressed too) and then we hit the neighborhood.
Leah was so excited to go out and trick-or-treat. We started with our neighbors and went around the block. She would only say 'trick or treat' about half of the time because she would get shy. I made sure she always said thank you though. A handful of people on our block were giving out full size candy bars! Leah made out! After trick or treating for 45 minutes, she told us she was ready to go home. This was fine with us since it was pretty chilly outside.
After we got home, kids came by the herds! We had SO many kids come by the house. Leah kept referring to the trick or treaters as 'customers.' She'd say, "mom, there are more customers here!" It was cute. She really enjoyed handing out the candy to the kids. She would take her time and drop candy into everyone's bag. Towards the end of trick or treating hours, we ran out of candy. (I had bought 12 bags of candy!!!) There are TONS of kids in our neighborhood. I resorted to pulling out granola bars and fruit snacks from our pantry.

Overall, Leah had a fun Halloween. Next year, Mase will be right there with her! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment