If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, November 5, 2012

Date Night and God Bless Alyssa Lynn

We were so excited that we got to have a date night this past Saturday! It is far and few between that Rob and I get to go out with no kids. My cousin Lauren and her fiancé Danny volunteered to watch the kiddos for us, so we took them up on their offer. They came over around 4:30 pm and were out the door shortly after. (I know that was early, but hey...we are getting old)! Dinner and drinks were on the agenda for the evening. We had a 6:00 pm reservation at Capital Grill. We were early so we stopped in DOC Wine Bar for a before-dinner drink. Considering it was a wine bar, I felt like I was obligated to have a glass of wine, but I actually opted for martini! (Did I mention we never get out - ha)! After finishing our drinks we walked the short way over to the restaurant. The only reason we decided to go to Capital Grill was because we had a gift card (otherwise it is way out of our price range)! I had a filet and Rob had the seared tuna. It was yummy! I felt like I was in a food coma after we were finished.

It was still pretty early so we went out for drinks afterwards. We went to Trademark Tavern. (It is the old Magnum's on Butterfield). We had come here one time before and really liked it. This time around though was a different story. The service was h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e and it wasn't even that crowded. It took well over 20 minutes for one drink. Obviously we weren't in a hurry, but it was pretty annoying that it took so long. We had two drinks and figured we would hit the road. We were both tired! We were home by 9:15 pm. Woohoo - big night out! Leah and Mason were both good for Lauren and Danny while we were gone, which is always a relief! Thank you guys again for watching them!

We stayed up for a little while and then went to bed. Around 3:00 in the morning Rob woke me up and told me he had been getting sick for the past hour and he felt horrible. He didn't know if it was a stomach bug or something he ate. Poor guy continued to get sick for the next few hours. The next day we were all supposed to go to my niece Alyssa's baptism. Rob was in no condition to go, so I had to fly solo with the kids. Rob also had to leave that afternoon for a business trip. He was definitely not looking forward to traveling feeling the way he did. He had a 5 1/2 drive to Wisconsin. He does not come home until Wednesday night - so I'll be taking care of these babies by myself the next couple of days.

I left the house around 8:15 am with both of the kids. I am one of my niece's god parents, so I needed to be there by 9:00 to meet with the priest. I was a little nervous as to how the morning was going to go, considering I was by myself with the two kids.  They were both on their best behavior during the service. Alyssa looked so cute in her baptism outfit. I am so bummed - I didn't get any pictures because I was so busy with the kids. I am hoping my sister-in-law can send me some! There were a total of 5 people getting baptized that day (3 babies and 2 adults). Leah wanted to come up to the alter with me when it was time for us to go in front of the church. Luckily her Papa (my dad) was able to disract her and she ended up staying by him. My cousin held Mason and all was good! After the baptism, my brother had a luncheon following at Champps. It was nice to spend time with my family. It was a great day! God Bless Alyssa!!
My baby Mase all dressed up and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment