If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Held-O-Ween

Yesterday we hosted our 3rd annual kids Halloween party! It turned out be a pretty good day. The weather was nice (sunny and 60 degrees). I wish it was a tad bit warmer, but I'm glad it didn't rain. Leah dressed up as a cow girl and Mason was a little cow. He is so dang cute! Leah gave me a hard time with her costume. She refused to wear the cow girl hat and the scarf around her neck. She did wear the cow girl boots though which surprised me! She was also pretty uncooperative when I tried to take her picture. I didn't get any cute ones of her in her costume or any pictures with her and Mason. What a little stinker!
Moo!!
Yee Haw!

We had about 35 kids come for the fun. Almost all of our friends were able to make it this year (but we missed the ones that couldn't be there). Some of my girlfriends that I haven't seen in forever came with their kids too. (Kathryn, Sasha and Erin - I loved spending time with you! We need to get together again real soon).
Our pumpkin patch!
Love it!!
Uncle Jeff with Mason and Alyssa
Erin and Cam
Sweet Avery
Minnie Mouse Annabelle
Emma and Gavyn - how cute are they?
Fireman Jack
Scary Colin!
Brian, Jack, Wayne and Aubree
Auntie Lisa and Mason
Sasha, Kathryn, Me and Erin. Miss these girls - we used to do everything together!
Patti, Me, Jaime and Sara

We had plenty to eat and drink. I made BBQ chicken sandwiches and hot dogs (for the kids) in crock pots. I made a few other apps and everyone brought something to share. I wish there were more hours in the day. I saw tons of cute ideas of Pinterest, but some of them got chopped because I ran out of time. Rob was in charge of alcohol. He went to Binny's and was a kid in a candy store. He must have gotten about 9 different kinds of beer. (We have PLENTY leftover if anyone wants to come by for drinks - ha)!!
The festivities for our party included a bounce house and pony rides. Earlier this year, we went to a party that had ponies and it was such a hit with the kids that we decided to get them for our party. Leah loved the pony rides and was so excited when they pulled up. There were two ponies - Rocket and Raisin. Between the bounce house and going on the ponies - Leah was in heaven! We also had pumpkins for all of the kids and set up a pumpkin decorating table. We bought a 'bubble machine' too and I swear it is the best invention ever! The kids had fun chasing bubbles around the driveway. We finished the night up with a pumpkin piƱata filled with all sorts of candy!

Thank you to everyone that came out! We sure had fun and look forward to doing it again next year!

1 comment:

  1. Great Halloween Party Extravaganza, Lori! We always look forward to this party and you definitely outdid yourself this year. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete