If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Friday, July 20, 2012

A shout out to my amazing husband!

I wanted to take a minute to share how amazingly wonderful my husband has been over the past week. Of course he is wonderful all of the time, but I could not have gotten through this week without him. He has been my backbone and has gone above and beyond anything I could have expected from him. As soon as we found out that we were going to deliver Mason early, he definitely stepped it up for me and our family.

From holding my hand while I was laid out on the operating table to wiping away my (happy) tears after hearing the sweet cry of my son, he reinforced why I love him so much. Not only did he take care of me and Mason while we were in the hospital, but he also had to keep things together at home. Although we had some help, taking care of Leah is no easy feat. He had to handle dinner, baths and the bedtime routine on his own. Leah was up and down (mood-wise) because she really missed her momma, so I know she probably was a handful. Rob ran back and forth from home to the hospital many times, and took care of any running around that needed to be done. I know that can be exhausting in iteself. He still made time to take Leah to see the kitties at PetCo (her absolute favorite thing to do). She loves, loves, loves to go and look at the cats that are up for adoption. She could spend hours there talking to them and playing with them.

Rob surprised me with a pair of beautiful diamond earrings as a push gift (even though he had already bought me a new Coach diaper bag as an early push gift earlier). He arranged for our home to be cleaned while I was in the hospital so I was able to come home to a nice, clean house. Since we've been home, he has jumped right in and has changed the majority of the messy diapers, fed him numerous bottles (even in the middle of the night) and has gotten him dressed. We had a bit of a diaper explosion this morning and I didn't hear one complaint. He immediately handled it and gave Mason his first bath. These are just a few examples of why my husband is so great and just wanted to take the time to let him know he is very much appreciated!




5 comments: