If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, July 9, 2012

36 Weeks...Baby...Maybe sooner than we expect?

Yesterday marked the beginning of my 36th week! We are in the home stretch. I had a doctor’s appointment this afternoon and I ended up being there longer than I expected. My blood pressure was very high so they made me stay for a non-stress test. They hooked me up to a machine and I had to press a button every time I felt Mason move. They also monitored his heart rate and his movements too. Luckily, ‘we’ passed the test, but going forward, I will need to do the non-stress test at my remaining appointments. I had to do the strep B test. I measured in at 37 weeks (one week ahead of schedule).

My doctor also has concerns about preeclampsia so I have to do a 24 hour urine test (which is definitely no fun). I had to do this with Leah when I was pregnant with her, but it came back negative. Originally, my doctor asked if I wanted to be admitted to the hospital to complete this 24 hour test, but I declined. I have a 2 year old at home! If my test results come back bad (I should know on Wednesday), they may deliver me this week. Yikes! If it is okay, I will still be monitored and I more than likely will have my c-section before my scheduled date (7/30). We’ll just have to wait and see.

I am going to try and hold on as long as I can. I am hoping to make it until at least 7/20. I know Mason needs to ‘cook’ as long as he can! I have so many loose ends to tie up at work! We are pretty much ready at home. His room is all done, my hospital bag is packed, his clothes are all washed and we have just about everything we need. However, there are a few things I am hoping to squeeze in before his arrival. I am supposed to get my hair done (cut and highlighted) this week, because who knows when the next time I’ll be able to get it done! I’d also like to try and get one more mani-pedi before he gets here! We’ll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment