If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stay at Home Mom (for a day or two)

This week our daycare was on vacation so I had to make arrangments for Leah. On Monday my good friend Katy watched her for me. A huge thank you to Katy for helping me out! When she first arrived, Leah clammed up and became super clingy to me. She was crying and didn't want me to go to work. I left the house while she was still upset. Luckily, Katy texted me 5 minutes later and said she was completely fine. It made me feel so much better. They had a fun day of playing and acting goofy. Here is a short video from their day.

My Dad watched her on Tuesday. They also had a great day! I took Wednesday and Thursday off to be home with Leah and then and Rob will be home with her tomorrow. Being home these past two days were wonderful and gave me a small taste of being a stay home mom. It was so nice to have such laid back mornings and not rushing around to get out the door.

On Wednesday, Leah slept in until 7:30 am. After she got out of bed, we lounged around for awhile in our pajamas and had a fun morning.

Leah enjoying pancakes for breakfast
So happy her momma is home with her
Such a good girl!
We played with Sushi 
Leah loves her Sushi 
 We kicked back and watched a little TV

After having a low key morning, she went down for a morning nap. When she woke up, we decided to stop into my work. I haven't brought her into work for a long time so she was able to meet some of my coworkers. We had lunch with Ashley and Jason. Leah was such a good girl, I was so proud of her. She sat like a perfect little lady throughout lunch. After I left the office, we hit the mall and shopped for awhile. I needed to pick up some last minute things for our trip THIS weekend! :)

On our way to Mommy's work

Today was a fun busy day! Leah suprised me by sleeping until 9:00! Wow - that is late for her! I always have to wake her up at 6:30 for work! We had plans for a playdate today with some of my friends. I never get to do play dates so since I was off, I wanted to take advantage. Me, Jaime, Jenny and Sara took our kids to a place in Wheaton called Kid Town. It was so much fun for them and I would definitely go back! Maybe next time we can go on the weekend so my other working mom friends can come too! It is a large play area that has several themed play rooms. (They had a police station, fire station, vet office, etc). It is really cute! They also had toys galore! Lots of cars, strollers, babies and so much more. They also have a stage area where kids can get on stage and dress up in costumes. It was pretty crowded today when we went because they had "Mulan" from the Disney movie make a guest appearance. Overall, I think Leah, Jack, Julia, Greyson and Deacon had a great time!
Leah dancing on the stage
The kids could see themselves on the TV
 Leah trying keep up with Julia!

 Jack and his car!
 You can't tell, but this room was dark and had neon lights with stars.
 Julia having a good time!
 Leah loving the fishy's
We had gotten to Kid Town right at 10:00 and close to noon I knew Leah was ready to go! We packed up and said bye to our friends. We came home and Leah went down for a nap. When she woke, I decided to go to the gym and then take her swimming afterwards. I dropped her off at the daycare and she was not a happy camper. She wanted no part of being there and turned on the water works. I snuck out of there as fast as I could, hoping she would calm down in a few minutes. I did 45 minutes of cardio and when I came back to get her, they told me she cried for 14 minutes. If a child cries for 20 minutes, they send someone out to track down the parent. Luckily, we didn't get that far, but I feel bad that she doesn't like it there. Maybe the more she is there, the more she will get used to it. We'll see. After I picked her up, we went outside to the pool. Leah had a great time. She loves being in the water! She laughs hysterically and it is so stinking cute. I know she was wiped out afterwards because she did not fight me when it was time to go home. It was close to dinner time so I know she was hungry too.We ate, took a bath and are now relaxing! My two days home flew by, but it was nice to get to spend quality time with my little lady!!

1 comment:

  1. Great 2 days of being a SAHM! So glad you got us all together for Kid Town. We will go again anytime! Leah is such a little lady!!! Love all her sweet pics!

    ReplyDelete