If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, July 18, 2011

Rob and his Green Thumb

When it comes to gardening, landscaping, planting flowers or any other sort of yard work, I want NO part of it.  I’ve never had any interest. Rob on the other hand, enjoys doing all of that stuff. When we first moved to our house almost 2 years ago, Rob was thrilled that there was room in our backyard for a garden. He planted a small variety of vegetables last year and we enjoyed fresh tomatoes and cucumbers all summer long. He also made homemade tomato sauce. This year, he stepped it up a notch and planted pickles, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, oregano, onions, cilantro and chives. He is so proud of his little garden. There is one humungous cucumber out there that was growing out of control. He named it Willard and decided to pick it tonight. It is almost as big as Leah! He also thought it would be a good idea to jar some home-grown pickles. I am not sure if I should be impressed or a little concerned! Ha!!
Leah and Willard
Rob's Jarred-Pickles
Part of Rob's Garden


I am happy to say I am down 13 pounds since I first started my weight loss venture at the end of May. It has been a lot of hard work and I still am not where I want to be, but it is a start. Sometimes I want to give up, I feel like I am doing great - eating right and exercising and then I get on the scale and it is up 3 pounds. What the heck?! I know everyone’s weight fluctuates, but it can be downright frustrating!  We’ve been going to the gym 3-4 times a week and eating really well. For the past 2 weeks, I seem to be on the right track and have had some good progress. Rob on the other hand is down 26 pounds! The weight seems to be flying off of him! I am very proud of him, but sometimes I get upset with myself that I haven’t experienced as much success. Why do men have such an easier time losing weight!? I guess every day is a new day and I will continue to put in the work.
Tonight at dinner, Leah was such a funny little girl.  I didn't have time to make dinner so we had turkey sandwiches - gourmet, I know. I cut Leah's sandwich up into bitesize pieces. She always tries to offer me some by saying, Mom....here. Mom....here. Sometimes I'll make her happy and take the bite she is trying to give me. But tonight, I had my own turkey sandwich and I didn't need any of her bites. I said No, Leah eat it. She kept persisting and finally said "Momma - try it!!" It made me giggle. I am always telling her "Just try it" when I am trying to get her to eat something new. She amazes me how much she remembers and repeats.
Our weekend was pretty lowkey, but here are some pictures from it. We had a birthday party to go to at Blackberry Farm in Aurora. We only ended up staying about an hour but we able to see almost the whole farm. Leah seemed to enjoy herself. We also decided to stop over to the Plainfield Fest afterwards. It was a fun afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment