If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Daddy, Daddy.....Cookie!

I’ve dreaded this day, but knew it might eventually happen. Late this afternoon Leah was out in the backyard running around like usual. Rob was getting the grill ready because we were going to cook out for dinner. Sushi (our dog) was sniffing around the yard too minding her own business and I was in the house cutting up vegetables for our salads.  Then I heard it. Rob yelled “Lor, come out here NOW.” He was loud enough that I could hear him from inside the house. I panicked – did Leah fall, did she get stung by a bee, did she get hurt? I ran outside to find Rob holding Leah’s arm up in the air away from her body. I looked at her little hand and saw that it was covered in something. Was it blood? Was it mud? Oh - it was far worse. As I looked closer, I discovered Leah had poop all over her hand. Ugh! How disgusting! I went and swooped her up and brought her in the house to scrub her hands with soap. Rob was laughing but also a little grossed out. He said Leah came running up to him yelling “Daddy, Daddy…..Cookie” as she was smashing it in between her fingers. As soon as he figured out what it was is when he immediately started calling me to come get her. Thank GOD she did not try to eat her “cookie.” I guess we’ll need to be more prompt about cleaning up Sushi’s “business” in the future. Ahhhh! I hope this is the one and only time this happens!
Besides the poop incident, we had a pretty good weekend! Friday I had summer hours at work and had a half day. I picked Leah up early and spent some time playing before she went down for her afternoon nap. After her nap, she woke in quite a mood! One minute she was acting so silly, goofing around and then the next minute she was crabby mcgee turning on the tears and attitude. She was being a handful. She usually is always in a pretty good mood.  I don’t know what her deal was but when Rob got home from work we decided to take her to the pool. Leah loves the pool so we figured that would turn her mood around. Luckily, it worked.  She was back to her happy-go-lucky self in no time. Phew. Rob seemed to have her under control at the pool so I decided to get a quick workout in. It felt good. After about an hour of pool time, we decided to take her for ice cream and call it a night.
Saturday was typical. We started our morning taking turns going to the gym to get our workouts in. Leah really doesn’t like the daycare so lately we haven’t been taking her there. In the afternoon, we felt like doing something but didn’t have much going on. We decided to stop at the cemetery to see my Mom and then make a trip to the “Taste of Westmont.” It was another scorcher so we only stayed for a little while. Leah enjoyed herself.  They had lots of things for kids. She especially loved the balloon they gave her.
Later that night, it was date night! I was in Vegas for our anniversary so we were doing a belated celebration. My dad agreed to come over and babysit Leah for us. She was so excited to see him, she didn’t even notice when we left for the night. We had dinner reservations at Redstone. We always go to Redstone on our anniversary (well considering it was only our 2nd anniversary – it was our 2nd time going there for our anniversary, but plan to make it our annual tradition). After our wedding two years ago, we all went to Redstone for a post-celebration. After dinner, we decided to head over to Oak Brooks Hills Marriott Resort for a celebratory cocktail. We got married at Oak Brook Hills and hope to also make this an annual tradition to stop there for a cocktail and reminisce about our big day. There was another wedding going on that night and I had to peek in. I didn’t want to keep my dad at our house too late so we headed home after a while.  It was so nice to get out and celebrate our anniversary! Our upcoming trip will serve as our second honeymoon – since I didn’t get to enjoy our honeymoon to Aruba to the fullest. Ha! Just two weeks shy of our wedding, we learned that little Leah would be joining our family! I am very much looking forward to spending a week in Mexico! 3 weeks!I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment