If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mr. Mom

Where has the time gone! It’s been almost a week since I have posted on my blog. Last week was a bit chaotic. Rob was in New York for most of the week and I was left to play the role of a single working mom. I give all the single mom’s out there SO much credit. I don’t know how they do it!  Just for the few days Rob was gone – I felt like I never got a break. I was responsible for everything all of the time; meals, baths, diaper changes, play time, bed time, cooking, cleaning, errands and the list goes on! Leah never seems to want to just “chill out” and relax! She has so much energy and is always on the go. By the end of the week I was exhausted! We were glad to have Rob home. I really appreciate how much he helps out with everything. We are a great team!

Although, starting this weekend, the roles will be reversed. Rob will get to play the part of Mr. Mom and get a taste of being a single parent. I am flying out to Vegas on Sunday morning for work and will be gone until Wednesday evening. It will be the first time Rob has been left alone with Leah for that many days. This should be interesting! Rob does not like to give baths. I think in this entire time, he has only given Leah 2 baths by himself.  She will definitely need a bath while I am gone so there will be no excuses! Wish them luck! Feel free to give Rob a call and check in on him! Haha. I’ll also be missing my 2 year wedding anniversary on the 27th while I am gone. We decided to celebrate when I get back. This will be the longest I have been away from my little girl too. I will miss them. I guess it is building me up for when we go on vacation.
Speaking of vacation – we finally booked one! We will be going to Puerto Vallarta for 5 nights and staying at a beautiful all-inclusive resort. (Five nights is about all I could handle with leaving my little Leah at home). I am so excited! It has been a rough year between my mom passing, family drama and all of the other stressors in life we definitely NEED to get away. I just want to lay my butt by the pool/beach with a cocktail in hand, get some sun and enjoy time with my husband! I am sure this is the last vacation we will be taking alone for quite a while. 
It has been quite a week, definitely busy! With all the craziness of life, we did enjoy some family time over the weekend. On Saturday when Rob got home from New York we had a full day of running around. We briefly stopped at the Promenade in Bolingbrook. We took Leah to the Hippos/Splash Pads for the first time. She loved it! She actually threw her first temper tantrum when we were leaving. I was not a happy momma and hope this is not the start of a regular behavior. We ended the evening with a yummy dinner at the Kona Grill. I really like that place. Most of the menu items were “somewhat” diet-friendly so I didn’t feel so bad enjoying a nice dinner. Since we really started watching what we eat, we definitely have cutback significantly on going out. This was the first time in a while. I am so proud of Rob. He has already lost 15 pounds. How do men do it so quickly!?! Why do they have an easier time at losing weight? We’ve both been putting in the same effort and exercise (well maybe he has done slightly more) but I am only down 8 lbs. I thought for sure my number would have been higher by now! Ugh!  On Sunday, Father’s Day, we went downtown to my brother’s house for lunch. It was a perfect day. After we ate we took the girls to a park near their house. Leah had a good time and burned off a lot of energy!
Yesterday after work I went to a wake for a friend from high school. It was a very sad situation. She was so young and had so much ahead of her. My heart goes out to her family. Last night the storms were horrible too. I was just getting ready to put Leah to bed when we heard the tornado sirens go off. We all went down to the basement. The rain was pounding our house. Luckily it didn't last long and we were back upstairs within a half hour. I am so glad we didn't lose power!!!  

Here are some pictures of my little Leah being silly today!

My cute sassy outfit from my Aunt Debbie and Uncle Bill

Enjoying a plum


This was hilarious...she kicked her ball and fell over. She thought it was pretty funny too!

I swear she played with her ball for a good 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment