If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Thursday, June 16, 2011

16 Months Old on the 16th


Leah is 16 months old today on June 16th – I wonder if it is considered to be her golden “month” birthday.  The past 16 months have been wonderful. We are so blessed to have such a smart, sweet, amazing little girl. She melts my heart at least a dozen times a day.

At 16 months old……

·        Leah has 12 teeth and 4 new ones are popping up. She’ll have16 teeth in no time (ironic). She was miserable during this last round of the teething process.

·        She can eat independently with a fork. I think she’ll be a lefty like her mommy. She always uses her left hand when she eats and colors with a crayon.

·        She loves ALL fruit….strawberries, grapes, mangos, mandarin oranges, raspberries, blueberries, watermelon, pineapple, peaches – she’ll eat everything. Vegetables are a different story.

·        Leah follows directions. If I ask her to throw something in the garbage or go get me something she knows exactly what to do.

·        She loves to read books and be read to. I always catch her sitting in her little chair reading (babbling) out loud and she is so proud of herself.

·        She knows all of her anatomy and can point to whatever body part we call out.

·        She knows some of the animal sounds. Sometimes she gets them confused but she tries.

·        Leah loves to talk on the phone or ANYTHING that resembles a phone. She was sitting in the backseat of the car one day eating a large piece of mango. We turned around and she was on the phone talking with it.

·        She is very observant and likes to watch before she tries something. She always tries to repeat words we say to her. Her vocabulary continues to expand.

·        She sings and dances. I swear she has more rhythm than her momma.

·        Leah calls my Dad “Papa” and gives him a giant hug and kiss every time she sees him. They have a special bond. It is so sweet.

·        She already has a motherly instinct with her baby dolls. She hugs them, rocks them and feeds them their little pretend bottles.

·        She just started this silly cackling laugh when she is being goofy.


These are just a few things about my little girl – I could probably go on and on about the things she is doing and what I love about her. She is growing up way too fast. Happy 16 months sweet girl! I love you!
Leah using her fork

It's on the fork

In her mouth - good job!



Leah talking on her mango

1 comment:

  1. Happy 16 months Leah!! You are too funny talking on your mango! HA! I love it. I notice you were reading Barnyard Dance. One of our favs in our house!!! Hope we can see you soon! We should meet in DT plainfield and check out the splash pad!!!

    ReplyDelete