If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

On one hand I love Mother's Day because I get to spend quality time with family and get spoiled rotten, but on the other hand, it's just another reminder that my own mom is not physically here to celebrate this special day. It's always a tough day and I miss her so much! Everyday I wish she was still here. She was the most kind, compassionate, loving mom. She was truly my best friend and I could always count on her. I came across a blog that had a very touching posting about Motherless Daughters on Mother's Day. http://justjennarose.pazoo.com/grief/letter-motherless-daughters-mothers-day/ It was spot on and made me feel a little better. Even though my mom is not here with me anymore, it is my job to keep her memory alive. I speak of her often and share many stories with my kids. We visit her and talk to her. This Mother's Day was no exception. We stopped at the cemetery and spent a little time there!

My Mother's Day started with breakfast in bed from my munchkins! Everyone told me to relax and stay upstairs and they would be bringing me my breakfast. Shortly thereafter, all of the smoke alarms in our house started ringing. Ha! It did make me laugh and luckily there was no fire! Rob and the kids made me Chocolate Chip Pancakes - my favorite. It was served with a Diet Coke! :)
 
After eating, I came downstairs to presents! I received a lovely card from the kids, roses and a few special gifts! Leah made me a cute handprint tile at pre-school and then the surprised me with a new iPad mini! I have a trip to Germany coming up, so they thought it would be good for the flight.


We relaxed most of the morning and then had lunch plans later in the afternoon. Of course I had to get some pictures in with the kids before heading out!
After lunch, we did stop and see my mom at the cemetery and then we just headed home.
 
Overall, I had a great Mother's Day. I am so thankful for my two sweet kids that call me Mom! They are my world and I love them pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment