If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

My family made me feel so special this Mother's Day! I am so thankful for my sweet munchkins and so blessed to be their mom. Honestly, they make my job so easy and really are great kids. I don't know how I got so lucky with them! I live and breath for my babies and can't imagine my life without them. They are my everything! I hate that my mom is not able to share in this special time with me watching these kids grow. I learned everything I know from her and wish we all would have had more time with her. There is still not a day that goes by without me missing her and thinking of her. Mother's Day is especially tough since I am not able to share this special day with her. She was with us in spirit though.

We had a great day that started out with an omelet breakfast, followed by lots of presents. They sure spoiled me! Leah planted some flowers at daycare and made me a sweet pin at preschool in a fancy decorated box!


I also received a dozen roses, a gift card for a mani-pedi, new perfume, a pair of shoes and tickets to go see Beyonce' and Jay-Z! Everything was so thoughtful!

It was a beautiful day, so we decided to hit the zoo. It would be our first visit this year. It was pretty crowded but we still had a great time. We saw a lot animals, went to the dolphin show, rode the tram and went for a ride on the merry-go-round. The kids loved soaking up all the fresh air.






After spending a few hours at the zoo, we worked up an appetite for lunch. We didn't have any reservations for lunch but decided to take a chance at Kona Grill. Luckily, the patio was all open seating and we were able to find a spot right away. We enjoyed some sushi rolls (YUM) that were really good. After lunch, we made a stop at the cemetery to see my mom. We spent a little time there before heading home. Overall, it was a great Mother's Day with my family. It was all possible because of two sweet little children that call me Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment