If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Saturday, January 5, 2013

2 Years Already

It has been 2 years since we said goodbye to my mom. I miss her every day. It was July of 2007 when we found out my mom had a brain tumor. (You can read my mom’s story HERE). From that point forward, our lives were changed. She finally ended her journey on January 5, 2011, three and a half years after her initial diagnosis. She would have turned 60 this month. I still struggle to find the answers to the ‘why’ questions on a daily basis. Why did this have to happen? Why did it happen to her? I must believe that she was needed in heaven and God had greater plans for her.

Losing a parent at any age is hard, but losing one when you're still young yourself, makes it pretty difficult. I only had her for 31 years; she was only 57 when she passed away. Kids need their parents for much longer than we think, and I still needed my mom very much. It's painful to me that my mom will never know my children (she at least was able to ‘meet’ Leah). She would have adored them and they would have adored her, too. When Mason was born, I wish I had her here to help me. I wanted her to show me how to be a good mom.

On the bright side, I now have a beautiful and courageous angel checking in on me (and my family) from time to time. I am grateful that she can walk, talk, and be happy once again. I want to give thanks for how blessed I was to have her for a mom. I hope she's proud of me. Thoughts of my mom still make me sad, but time has allowed me to start the healing process. Thinking of her brings back many happy memories that I treasure. I love you momma!

Other posts about my mom:

Life is Busy (2012)
Missing my Mom (2011)
Happy Mother's Day to My Mom (2011)

Today we visited my mom and sent her balloons to heaven.
Leah visiting with her grandma

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Lori - I love the balloons flying up to heaven. I'm sure your mom did too.

    ReplyDelete