If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Two Months Mason

Today Mason is two months old! Earlier this week when we were at the doctor for the acid reflux, she also did his two month well-baby check-up too (since it was so close to when he should have been scheduled to come in). Mr. Mason weighed in at 10 lbs. 14 oz (35th percentile) and was 23 inches long (89th percentile). He's tall and skinny! Since we have resolved the acid reflux situation, Mason has become a much better sleeper. At two months old, he is sleeping about 11 hours every night, only waking up once. (This is much better than what he was doing two weeks ago, where he would wake up at least 3 times). Now, we are working hard to try and skip the 3:00 am feeding and sleep the whole night through! He takes 2 catnaps during the day that last anywhere from 1-3 hours (sometimes longer). Mason loves his bottles and can be a little piggy. He drinks anywhere from 5-6 ounces at every feeding. He is still in a size 1 diaper and mostly wears newborn size clothes. I think we will be moving to the next size very soon.

During his well-baby appointment the doctor asked me if Mason has started smiling yet. He has not. She seemed a bit concerned. She asked if he makes eye contact or follows movement. He does. He always looks at his mommy and daddy when we talk to him. He will watch his mobile go round and round and also play under his activity gym grabbing for the hanging animals. The doctor said if he does not start smiling in the next 2-3 weeks I need to let her know. This kind of made me nervous. She said not to worry, but she wants to make sure he doesn't have any spectrum issues or vision problems. She said infants usually smile by the time they are two months old. I checked Leah's baby book and she didn't smile until 2 1/2 months old. Maybe my kids are just 'late' smilers??

I have 3 more weeks left with Mason (and Leah) before I go back to work. I am going to soak up as much time with them as I can. It has been wonderfull being home with my babies and wish I could always be home with them. The past two months have flown by! Happy 2 months Mason!



No comments:

Post a Comment