If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Date Night

It has been forever since Rob and I have had a date night! When I say forever, it literally has been forever. It has been well over a year since it has been just the two of us for a night out together! Anytime we go out, Leah (and now Mason too) is always with us. So, I was thrilled when we had the opportunity to get out! Rob's sister Amy came over on Saturday night to watch the kids for us. This is the first time we were leaving Mason. It was tough, but I was so excited to get out. She brought her son Carter with her so I knew Leah would have a blast playing with him.

We left the house around 6:00 pm and headed downtown. We had 8:00 pm dinner reservations at Carmichael's. By the time we got downtown we had well over an hour to spare before dinner. We stopped at a bar close to the restaurant and had some drinks. This was the first time in a long time that we got to sit at the bar (let alone in the bar area)! It was so nice to have an adult conversation and not constantly get interrupted by our kids! I can't deny that we didn't talk about our kids though during our night out! Ha. After a few drinks, we walked over to the restaurant. It was nice to be at a nice restaurant versus our typical Chili's or somewhere in our area. I had filet mignon and it was pretty good! After dinner we went and had one more drink before heading home. We were home before 11:00. It was definitely nice to have a night out with my husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment