If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Soup du Jour

Leah loves to be momma's little helper. She is always willing to lend a hand, whether it is taking the clothes out of the dryer, making lemonade or feeding our dog. She gets so excited when she gets to help out (and she actually is a really good helper). Tonight, while I was making dinner she wanted to be involved, but there was not much she could help me prepare. I decided that she could make us some "soup." When I was a little girl, my mom always let me make "soup." She would pull out a big pot, fill it with water and let me get my hands on her entire spice rack. I'd stand on a chair  by the sink and put a little bit of this and a little bit of that in my pot of soup. I'd stir it and pretend to eat it. My mom would always tell me what a good cook I was and that she couldn't wait to eat my soup. I don't know why, but I totally remember having so much fun doing this. So tonight, when Leah was eager to help, I figured this would be the perfect activity for her. It would give her something to do and buy me some time to get dinner ready!

So just like my mom used to, I pulled out a pot and filled it with water. I setup a step stool by the sink and let Leah have at it. I took out a bunch of random ingredients from the pantry and a handful of different spices and this is what Leah came out with......the soup du jour! Recipe below :) It smelled delicious! She spent about 25 minutes preparing her dish and seemed to have so much fun! She would stir it and smell it and say, "Mom, this smells so yummy!" We have left-overs if anyone is interested!


Soup du Jour
Water
Half a bag of noodles
A Splash of Raspberry Crystal Light
Croutons
Pink, Yellow and Green Sprinkles
Bread (2 whole pieces and 1 piece torn into little pieces)
10 shakes of "Rosemary"
10 shakes of "Garlic Salt"
10 shakes of "Thyme
10 shakes of "Cinnamon"
10 shakes of "Celery Seed"
30 Goldfish Crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment