If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pink Eye Strikes Again....

This time, I am the victim of pink eye! I woke up this morning with crusty/watery eyes. After a few hours they were goopy and completely bothering me. I layed down for a little while and when I woke up, they were much worse. Leah had pink eye last week, but her eyes have completely cleared up (but she is still taking drops), so I thought I was in the clear. No such luck. I went to the Take Care clinic at Walgreens and after waiting for about 45 minutes, I saw the nurse practicioner. She wrote me a prescription for drops and I was on my way. Having pink eye is no fun. I am constantly wiping my eyes and washing my hands every 20 minutes. I am paranoid with everything I touch and wipe it down. I definitely don't want to pass this back to Leah or onto Rob (or anyone else). By tomorrow, I won't be contagious anymore. I can't wear my contacts for the next couple of days, so I am going to have to stick to my glasses (or I am blind otherwise). I am not looking forward to wearing them to work!

I am disappointed because we had plans to go hang out with my good friend Ashley from work, her husband, and two daughters tonight. She just had a baby at the beginning of March so I was hoping to get my "newborn" fix until my little man arrives. Her daughter Vaughan is also 2 and Leah was looking forward to playing together. We'll have to reschedule. Bummer! I guess on the bright side, it is giving Rob extra time to paint Leah's bedroom. He was planning to get started tomorrow, but he is up there now as we speak getting a head start. Leah's big girl furniture is scheduled to be delivered next Saturday, so we want to make sure the room is all ready when it arrives. The color we chose for her walls is called "Tink Pink" by the Disney Paint Collection. Her room is going to need several coats! As for me, it looks like it is now going to be a lazy movie night.
I'll post pictures once her big girl room is all done! We are doing a "Bright Pink and Zebra" theme in her room. After we finish her room, we'll tackle Mason's room. We bought his bedding a few weeks ago and I am excited to get things ready for him too!

I was just going to put the camera away and I got a request from Leah to take a picture of her playing the piano! She hates pictures and certainly never "asks" for her picture to be taken - so this was a rare occassion!

No comments:

Post a Comment