If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Leah!

Today is a very special day indeed! Two years ago, our sweet little Leah graced us with her presence and our life has never been the same! Happy Birthday to my smart, wonderful princess! I cannot imagine life without her. Every day, Leah says something that amazes me or simply just makes me laugh. She is wise beyond her years. We can actually carry on conversations and I understand what she means (most of the time). She is ultra sensitive and has the biggest heart. She cries when she sees her "friends" get hurt or will always come give me a hug and kiss for no reason and say "Mommy, I wuv you." She is a total snuggle bug (and I love it). Leah has her fair share of drama queen moments. She hates being dirty and she washes her hands at least 10 times a day. She is creative and loves to color, paint and do crafts. Leah is such a special little girl. I can't wait for her to be a big sister!

This morning I tried to take a few pictures of the birthday girl before I dropped her off at school. Every time I tried to snap a shot, she'd yell, "No Pictures!!" She then said, "Momma, put your camera away!" Needless to say, we did not get any good pictures this morning!
When I dropped her off, she received a special birthday treat at daycare - a "moonie" (as she calls them). This sure put a smile on her face!
I got Leah a little early from school today and we picked Dad up from the train station so we could head to Woodfield Mall. We took Leah to Rain Forest Cafe for her birthday dinner. We thought she would like it there with so much to look at. She loved the fish and the animals. She did not like when it "stormed." She got scared. We probably could have just went to Chili's for dinner though...it probably would not have made a difference to her and we could have saved at least half on our bill.
When we got home, it was time for presents and cake! Leah got a new bike! She immediately ran to sit on it. She had fun playing with her balloons too! We also decided to get Leah a fish tank for room with her very own fish! She is in awe of the fish and has been watching them for awhile. She loved feeding them. 
Overall, I think she had a great birthday! We're excited for her birthday party this weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Happy 2nd birthday Leah! We look forward to celebrating!!!!

    ReplyDelete