If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Leah is going to be a.........

We are very excited and pleased to announce that Leah is going to be a BIG sister!
Baby Held’s official due date is August 5th, but since Leah was delivered by c-section we will probably deliver around 39 weeks (end of July). I just completed the first trimester and am nearing my 14th week. I felt much worse with this pregnancy than I did with Leah. The morning sickness and nausea kicked in almost as soon as we found out we were expecting. I think I have finally turned a corner and am beginning to feel much better. They say you “show” sooner with your second baby and I can definitely say it is true. With Leah, I didn’t have to start wearing maternity clothes until 17-18 weeks. This go around, my belly has already popped and my regular pants would not fit me around 12 weeks.

I think Leah has mixed feelings about another baby joining our family (if she even understands what is really happening). From the beginning, when we started telling her she was going to be a big sister, she would say “No…..no, I am not.” I would ask her why and she’d yell “BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO.” She has started to come around and has warmed up to the idea. Now, she’ll run up to me and grab my belly and say “Hello Baby.” When I ask her where the baby is, she laughs and says “In mommy’s belly.” She gives my tummy a kiss every night before she goes to bed. She goes back and forth when we ask her if she wants a brother or a sister. Whenever we toss out baby names to her (boy or girl), she shoots them down and says the name is going to be “Paige.” She goes to daycare with a little girl named Paige…she is just silly.

We will definitely find out if this baby bean is a boy or girl. We will be happy with either and are just hoping for a happy, healthy baby! My 20 week ultrasound will take place in March.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you on baby #2! I love that Leah is insisting on Paige because of her friend at daycare. That's too cute. She has a perfect smile in these photos. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lori on your exciting news. I had to laugh when Leah said NO she didn't want to be a big sister. When my son was having his second child a girl they told their son he was going to be a brother and he would always so "NO YOU BROTHER" I guess he thought it was a bad thing

    ReplyDelete