If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Eve

This year for New Years Eve, we were invited over to our friend Brian and Jaime's house. They were hosting a small party with our close friends and all of our kids. I was so excited when I received a text from Jaime that afternoon to tell me that the attire would be "comfy." I no longer had to stress about what I was going to wear! We arrived around 6:30 pm. They just moved to a new home in Naperville and it would be our first time visiting. Their house was beautiful! There were 5 couples - The Csorba's, The Potter's, The O'Connell's, The Shannon's and then me and Rob. All together, there were 10 kids too. Leah was out numbered by all of the boys (besides the two baby girls - Avery and Mallory), but she still had a blast playing with them. When I was holding Mallory, Leah got so jealous and would say, "That's my mommy" and whine.

We enjoyed good food and great conversation. It was so fun spending time with friends and watching the kids run around! It was chaotic at times, but they all were all on their best behavior. There were no melt downs or fights. The night seemed to fly by, because the next thing we knew it was almost 11:00 at night. I didn't think we would stay that long (because I didn't think Leah would make it). None of the kids were slowing down. They had fun when the living room turned into a dance party. (Somehow all of the boys ended up with their shirts off). It was pretty funny. We ended up leaving just after 11:30 because I could tell Leah was heading for a meltdown. Overall, it was a great night and we had so much fun! It made us realize that we need to do this more often. Thanks again Brian and Jaime for hosting!

Leah fell asleep on the way home, but once we walked in the door she was wide awake. It was almost midnight so we decided to keep her up. We put on the Chicago countdown and had our own little dance party at home. We celebrated the New Year and it was close to 1:00 am before we were all in bed. Way too late!!! Leah has never stayed up that late before (and I can't remember the last time I was up at that hour - ha)! I hope everyone had a great New Year's! I hope 2012 is a good year!

All of us
Kids were interested in the beer tub with ice
Start of the dance party.....with no shirts
Leah getting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment