If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Mason turns FOUR!

I cannot believe Mason is four years old already! He is such a big boy, but still my little baby! A few months ago, I started pinning a bunch of super cute Star Wars birthday ideas for Mason's birthday party. He had been obsessed with Star Wars and thought for sure he would want a Star Wars party. I was wrong - lol. When I asked Mason what kind of birthday party he wanted, his response was that he wanted a "regular" party. I looked at him blanked face, because I didn't quite understand the concept of a "regular" party. This momma has always had a theme and ran with all of the details and sometimes have gone a little overboard. For his first birthday, we did a farm/barn theme and had ponies and a fricken petting zoo! When he turned two, we did a baseball theme with a full concession stand and last year, by far, was my favorite....where we did a superhero theme! Spiderman even made an appearance. So...when Mason is telling me he wants a regular party....I was kind of at a loss. Ha! I asked him to clarify what he meant by a regular party. He said he wants balloons and a cake. Hmm. I asked him again if he was sure he didn't want to do a Star Wars party and he said no.  I had already ordered him a custom Star Wars birthday shirt from Etsy, but I guess that would not be needed.

We've had such a busy summer, so it actually worked out well that this kid wanted a regular party. Throwing a themed party is SO much work. Even having a party at the house is a lot of work. Instead, I started looking online at different party venues to have it at instead of our house. I came across Sea Lion Aquatic Park and it seemed perfect! I showed Mason and he was excited, so we decided to go ahead and book his party there. Honestly, this is the first time I really did next to nothing for his party (and it was kind of nice). I found some invitations online and picked up some balloons and really that was it! The water park took care of the food and the cake! (The cake is usually one thing I love to spend time on...looking at cute designs on pinterest and really picking out the perfect cake. This is the first time I left it in the hands of Jewel to come up with the design). To be honest, Mason had the BEST birthday ever and totally loved his party at the park!














































No comments:

Post a Comment