If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

Rob and I both had a 3 day weekend for Easter. Rob had Good Friday off as a holiday and I used a vacation day. We didn't have plans but spent some time running errands. I hit up the Promenade (all by myself!!) in search of a new outfit for the Maroon 5 concert. I found a few things at Macy's. Later on, we all went to Babies R Us to look for a new carseat for Mason. He is getting so big and is outgrowing his infant carrier. He's heavy too so it's been a pain lugging that thing around. We were going to buy 2 new convertible carseats (one for each of our cars) but decided to upgrade Leah to a big girl booster seat/car seat instead. We'll just pass down her seats to Mason. It all worked out nicely. We also stopped at Toys R Us and bought the kids a wagon. We've been wanting to get one for awhile and they were all on sale. I'm happy with the one we ended up getting. The kids l.o.v.e. it!
I LOVE this little guy. He is so stinkin cute!
New wagon!

Saturday we had Easter plans with my family. My brother, SIL, nieces and dad were all going to come over for lunch. I had a little Easter egg hunt planned for the girls. My brother called me that morning and told me my niece Annabelle was sick so my sister-in-law Sarah had to stay home with her. Leah was crushed. She was so excited that her cousin was going to come over so she was bummed when I told her that she had to stay home. My brother and niece Alyssa still came by with my Dad. We had a nice lunch and hung out. My brother brought some Easter treats for the kids. After a few hours everyone went home. We felt bad for Leah that she didn't get to do the egg hunt with her cousin. We still decided to do it for her anyways. Rob placed all the eggs in the front yard. We plopped Mason in the grass and Leah had a blast collecting all of the eggs. She was pretty happy! Some eggs had candy and others had money! It was fun watching her.
My sweet kids 
Leah! 
Mason and cousin Alyssa
Lamb Cake from my Dad 
Bunny Treats from the bakery
Getting ready to head outside for the Easter Egg hunt 
Looking for eggs 
So fun! 
Mom - look at all my eggs! 
Hey, there's one! 
Sharing eggs with baby brother! 
Is this a hat?! 
Wait!!! Where did everyone go?! 
Oh - there you are! 
Candy loot! 
Cash too!
Later on in the evening, we decided to color eggs. I made 2 dozen eggs and got everything for Leah. She is at a good age and was really into dying the eggs. She did a great job! She was careful and at tentative to her eggs. She even asked to taste one and to my surprise - she actually liked it! Both of the kids were tired and ended up going to bed pretty early. Luckily that gave the Easter bunny plenty of time to get things ready for the next day!
So fun! 
Mase watching from the sidelines!
Being so careful! 
Trying a hard boiled egg for the first time! 
Finished product! 
Brother and Sister love before heading to bed!

On Sunday morning, Leah woke up and was super excited to run downstairs to see if the Easter bunny came. To her excitement, he did!! He left baskets, treats and other goodies for them! Leah was in heaven. She noticed that there were eggs hidden around the house so she had fun gathering them. By 8:30 am she was on a sugar overload!
Look Mom - he came! 
Bunny Mason! 
Bunny Leah!
The Easter Bunny found these cute baskets on Etsy 
All of the Easter goodies

We didn't have any plans for the day so we decided to hit up the zoo! We got there around 10:00. It was a little chilly but not too bad. The zoo was pretty empty! We brought our new wagon and the kids had a great time. We went and saw the dolphin show. Towards the end, Leah got in one of her moods and kept telling us she wanted to go home. We were hoping it would pass, but she was pretty cranky. By then, she had ruined the fun and we decided it was time to go. We were going to grab lunch but Leah was pretty clear that she didn't want to do that either. We just came home and enjoyed the afternoon as family.
Trip the zoo! 

He is such a happy guy! 

Watering the flowers 

Waiting for the dolphin show to start 

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment