If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Getting Saucy!

A few weeks ago I blogged about the garden Rob has growing in our backyard. Well, all of his vegetables are growing like wild fire (specifically the tomatoes). He went out there the other day to gather his harvest and came in with 2 bags of tomatoes. We had about 50 tomatoes and there are still a ton more still ripening up in the garden.
What the heck are we going to do with all of these tomatoes? Rob had come up with the idea to make his own homemade pasta sauce. He did some research on the internet and the next thing I know, we were in our kitchen on Saturday night getting down to business! (I didn't sign up for this but somehow I got roped in). First Rob prepared a big pot full of different seasonings, herbs (from our garden) and spices. 
Then before I knew it, we were boiling tomatoes, cooling them, and peeling off the skins. What an exciting way to spend your Saturday night. (Boy my Saturday nights sure have changed)!
He then smashed the tomatoes, added some home grown onions and other ingredients.
We let it cook for several hours to allow it to thinken up. It actually turned out pretty tasty. Tonight's dinner: Chicken Parmigiana a la Held. It was very good! Leah gobbled it up and had THREE servings. We have plenty of sauce leftover so tomorrow night we are going to try making pizzas with it. Rob would like this to be an annual tradition that we make homemade sauce.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love that Rob has a garden of vegetables and spices. I hope to have one someday. Chicken Parmingina a la Held looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete