If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Airing" out the Weekend

I had a half day on Friday so I was able to jumpstart my weekend a tad bit early! I picked Leah up from daycare and we hit the mall. I had an appointment on Saturday morning to take Leah for her 18 month pictures and I had no idea what she was going to wear. We went shopping hoping to find her a new outfit.  I don't know what I was looking for, but I didn't end up finding it. I hate when I am on a mission to find something because I usually end up empty handed (which was the case with this shopping trip). I stopped at Carters on the way home from the mall and got her a dress that was "ok." I wasn't thrilled with it, but it worked. When Rob got home from work we decided we wanted to go have dinner somewhere outside since it was so nice out. We went to downtown Plainfield and we ended up at Bin 48 for dinner. Neither of us have been there before, but it was pretty good. I would go again.

On Saturday morning I got Leah up and took her to her appointment for her pictures. I was nervous about this appointment because Leah is at an age where she only does things when she wants to. I was worried she wouldn't cooperate. My concerns were legimate since she kept running out of the room and purposely was avoiding looking at the camera. I had a hard time getting her to smile and she was being difficult. The guy that was doing her pictures wasn't a very big help. He was not overly animated and didn't try "too" hard to capture Leah's attention. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the way her pictures turned out. I didn't have any "favorites" and am not too happy with the money I spent on them. Going forward, I think I might have a photographer come to our house and do pictures at home where Leah is in her own environment and it is a more comfortable setting. Here are a few pictures from Saturday.
When we got home from her pictures, Leah was ready for a nap. The weather also took a turn and it was pretty nasty outside - perfect napping weather so I joined her too! Luckily later on in the day, the rain and storms cleared up. Good thing it did because we had a birthday party to go to! Andrew and Sara were having Julia's 3rd birthday party at their house. We had so much fun! We were outside most of the time and the kids were able to run around. Leah had a great time. Thank you to the Weber's for having us over. I hope Julia had a great birthday!
This morning we got up early and went downtown to meet Randy and Lisa (and their kids and friends) at the Air and Water Show at North Avenue Beach. They got there even earlier than we did and they had a nice setup. They had chairs, umbrellas and even two tents. It was a perfect day. Not too hot and not too cool. It was definitely packed along the lake. For some reason I did not bring Leah's bathing suit with us so she only was able to  wade in the water with her feet. She was dying to get into the water, but we had to hold her back.We stayed for about two hours, watching all of the planes. We again parked by our old apartment, so on the walk back we stopped for lunch at Corcoran's (one of the restaurants we used to frequent when we lived down there). They have a nice patio so we sat outside to eat.  After lunch we decided to head home to try and avoid some of the traffic. Also, Leah hadn't had a nap all day so it was best to avoid that approaching meltdown. Overall, it was a great weekend! I am sad that these warm weekends will probably be coming to an end soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment