If you are reading my blog, please show me some support and become a "Follower." It's easy, just click on "Join this Site."

Monday, June 15, 2015

Leah's First Dance Recital

Leah has been in ballet since the beginning of the year preparing for her first big recital! She takes class over at DanceQuest in Plainfield and she really enjoys her teacher. She was in a ballet class for 4 and 5 year olds. Overall, there were 10 girls in the class. Leah made some really good friends too. On Saturday, June 13th Leah had her first recital. It was held in the auditorium at Bolingbrook High School. Prior to the big show, she did have a dress rehearsal during the week. Even during the rehearsal, she had to be in full hair and makeup and in her costume because she also was going to have her picture taken. During the rehearsal, parents were invited to watch and take as many pictures as we wanted because on the day of the show, no pictures or videos were allowed. It was pretty dark in the auditorium and I was SO nervous for Leah (and this was just the rehearsal). I know she was excited, but I didn't know if she would freeze up or get scared being on stage. The girls did great! They got to practice two times with the music. They were dancing to "Once Upon a December" from the movie Anastasia. The whole recital had a theme around "seasons."
 OMG - Leah looks like a teenager!!
 She is so beautiful!
 Hair had to be pulled back in a bun
 Leah and two of her dance friends
 The girls getting ready to take the stage for rehearsal
Practice, Practice, Practice. Leah is the 3rd from the left
 
On the actual day of the recital, I had to drop her off at 10:00. Show time wasn't until 11:00. I wasn't able to be backstage with her or anything...so once again I was nervous for her. It was going to be a long morning for her. There were 34 dances in this show and her class was number 22 to take the stage! Rob and Mason met me at the High School just before it started. My brother and his family came to support Leah too! I was nervous is Mason would be able to sit through the 2 hour show and he did great. Once it was Leah's performance, I was SO excited. We had great seats in the second row. My little angel did amazing and I am SO proud of her. She wasn't nervous or shy. She did her dance and she looked beautiful!
All ready to go!!
 The kids were ready too!
 Sweet Annabelle!
 It was a packed house!!


Silly Mason!
 Peanut did such a great job!
 Cousins!
 So proud of you Leah!
 Me and my girl!

 Uncle Jeff, Aunt Sarah, Alyssa, Annabelle and Leah
Way to go girl!
After the recital we celebrated with pizza at Papa's!!
Leah and her flowers!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment